Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Writing with Dragon Naturally Speaking

ONLY write about something you've earned the right to write about.
Now that you have identified your topic, what is the best way to get your ideas and story down?

Here are some ideas:
1) Write your story   book longhand

2) Write it on a typewriter

3) Use your computer word processor

4) Speak it into a digital voice recorder, or

5) Use the latest voice recognition software

What is the best way .. .

Sitting by the pool in her bathing suit, Kim had brought with him a spiral notebook and pencil. Between dips in the pool she would return to her laptop and continue writing. I asked her: "What are you doing?" " I write my book .. . My life ".

Remember that your own experiences you the expertise and passion for the subject that will make your book a bestseller. "When I asked her why she was not using a computer, she told me she was always more creative when she wrote longhand.   Why wait |?   I asked my friend Dana if she would simply turn recorder on and then turn the tape over every 30 minutes. It works for Kim. Could it work for you?

What is your best way to write?

"Typing" was a class two years for me in high school. I love typing. So why do not I use the computer to write my books today? Too many pauses to think and think and type and type some more.
I've found the best way for me to write a book is to speak. That's right, SPEAK! Almost ten years ago I was conducting an all-day seminar on "How to get the job you really want and get employers to call you." 'Fortunately, I had presence of mind to have a tape recorder with me. When the day was over I had six one-hour tapes. Live with me PLUS material interaction with the audience.
I carried them around the band for almost two years before you ask another friend if she would transcribe them. WOW! Next I knew I had a script (or at least a draft). With a little polishing, and work with a good editor, my book was born.

The newest way to write and Grow Rich, said Dan Poynter, the use of voice recognition to dictate your how-to book (or others). Book is only $ 14.9 95 And will go through the process he uses to write his books. Here's an excerpt: Dictating machines to your computer. Now you can bypass keyboarding and dictate directly into your computer with voice recognition software. Just speak into the microphone and gives punctuation and formatting commands as you go.

Programs to consider:
Dragon Naturally Speaking to PC
MacSpeech Dictate for Mac

These two programs, Dragon Naturally Speaking and MacSpeech Dictate, be taught, or even better, you can train your computer to recognize your voice in only one hour or less.
Seems like I take away all excuses not to write, do not I? You've identified the perfect subject to write about. Now you have chosen the ideal way (for you) to your book. What's left? Oh, yes. SELL IT!

And if you're in Australia, call 1300-255-900 or visit our website for your Dragon Naturally Speaking voice recognition software.


No comments: